Spamalot!!
Couldn't afford tickets to the Broadway show, as much as I would love to mortgage my house, I have to think of the children! So, I just pre-ordered the original soundtrack for the show. Tim Curry, David Hyde-Pierce and Hank Azarian.....What a cast. Maybe I will be rice when and if they bring it to Boston. For now I will have to settle for the CD and learn every song by heart. Such light hearted fare in an overly serious world.
Has everyone seen the movie "Life of Brian"? It is the story of a child, Brian, born the same night as Jesus. His life parallels that of the other guy and it is a fun look at how ridiculous religion is and how people will follow anyone if it takes the responsibility for their lives from them. The end scene where Brian is crucified really caused problems when it first came out. The Monty Python team weathered the storm of controversy and the film is still fresh after all these years. They were brave enough to poke fun at religion and hopefully make people think.
If you are reading this and want the soundtrack, you can order it from Barnes and Noble. The release date is May 3.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home