Home thoughts from a Broad.

Who am I? Today I am a 40+ woman living somewhere in this amazing world. Tomorrow, well who knows who or what or where I will be. So, like this page, I am a work in progress and loving it. As Mark Twain wrote: GOOD JUDGEMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE. EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGEMENT.

Name:
Location: Just where I want to be., State of growth.

Monday, May 02, 2005

Someone please explain why Gay Marriage threatens the Religious Reich?

No, I mean a LOGICAL explanation, not a mythological one.
The State in which I live passed a bill last year allowing same-sex marriage and since then many couples have married under the safety of the law, ensuring them the same benefits and security enjoyed by hetero couples. Now, a year later, there is more noise on the subject. Someone is suing the State to have the law repealed.
I have listened to the State House debates and have yet to hear an argument other than the tedious "abomination against god...." "unnatural acts".....broken record.
I may be confused, but didn't their god make EVERYONE? Doesn't he love EVERYONE? I do not understand how they can take certain bits of their book. (and yes, I did study scripture in school) How can they choose not to honor the love of two human beings and yet not stone their neighbor for working on the Sabbath?
If someone can tell me, without the use of the Bible why it is not "right" for same-sex marriage to be legal, I would love to understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home